- Guide on visiting Ireland
- Guide on visiting Northern Ireland
- Guide on visiting Dublin
- Dublin Airport
- Shannon Airport
- Cork Airport
- Knock Airport
- Kerry Airport
- About Phoenix Park
- About Aviva stadium
- About Bord Gais
- About Croke Park stadium
- About Trad Music
- About Guinness
- About Aran Islands
- Visitng Bunratty Castle
- About Castles in Ireland
Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland
Here are a few interesting facts to get you started:
- The Wild Atlantic Way is a 2500km touring route along the West Coast of Ireland.
- It features 157 discovery points, 1000 attractions and more than 2500 activities.
- Begins in Kinsale, County Cork and ends at Irelands most northernly point, Malin Head, County Donegal.
- Mizen head - the most southernly point of Ireland,
- Ring of Kerry - 179-km-long circular route,
- Skellig Islands -Go behind the scenes of Star Wars,
- Dursey Island - to see Europe's last sunset,
- Slieve League - the highest sea cliffs in Europe.
- The Sky Road - "The Capital of Connemara", County Galway
- Slea Head - Drive on the Dingle Peninsula, County Kerry
- Healy Pass - The Healy Pass is a winding mountain road between Adrigole in Co. Cork and Lauragh in Co. Kerry
- The Ring of Beara - Located in Co. Kerry and Co. Cork with 137km driving route
- Causeway Coastal Route - The Causeway Coastal Route offers an epic tour of the Northern Ireland coast
- Lough Inagh Drive - 165 km of the Galway coast
- Distance Calculator - Ireland driving distances & guide on planning
The Wild Atlantic Way is Ireland's first and only long distance driving path for tourists, which stretches along the Atlantic coast from the stunning Donegal to the spectacular West Cork, an approximate 2,500km track. It has become the European equivalent of the Great Ocean Road: Australia, Pacific Coast highway: USA and The Garden Route: South Africa. Obviously, it doesn’t matter which way you go, but arriving in Cork airport, hiring a car and beginning from the town of Kinsale is the most popular way to make this trip. The Wild Atlantic Way is travelled by thousands of Irish Car Rentals customers every year.
Near Slieve League, Co. Donegal
There are so much places to see and do;
The main aim of Wild Atlantic Way scheme is to produce a long distance driving course that will enable greater recognition for the west coast of Ireland to international tourists, while luring them to the main attractions and minor destinations the entire way along the west coast. The project exposes a large number of towns and attractions to visitors and display the unique culture and magnificent scenery of the western coast.
Wild Atlantic Way route:
The map below show's the full route of the Wild Atlantic Way route, the length of Ireland! Collect a car from any of these locations; Cork, Kerry Airport, Shannon Airport, Galway or Sligo and start your epic journey!
Image credit : Failte Ireland
Wild Atlantic Way photos:
Dunquin bay in Co. Kerry
Horse Riding in Ireland
Mizen Head, Co Cork
Cliffs of Moher
You can start planning your driving routes now with Ireland Route Planner. MyDiscoverIreland is built with tourists in mind and sponsored by Irish Car Rentals.
Other scenic driving routes in Ireland:
Depending how much time you have in Ireland, you can even take detours and include these extra road trips while doing the Wild Atlantic Way route in Ireland, such as Ring of Beara.
Header image : Image thanks to Â© James Greer | Ireland content pool