Cork City Car Parking
There is ample parking available in Cork, ranging from street-level pay and display spaces to multi-storey car parks. Visitors with a rental car in Cork will have no problem finding places to leave their vehicle so that they can get out and explore Cork’s historic and shopping districts on foot.Â
The City Council operates two multi-storey car parks, both of which feature designated parking spaces for disabled persons on each floor (situated close to the lifts). North Main Street car park is one of these car parks, and it’s open Monday to Saturday (08:30 to 18:30) and is closed on Sundays. The other multi-storey car park (on Paul Street) is open from 07:30 to 00:00 from Monday to Saturday and 11:30 to 00:00 on Sundays.Â
In addition to parking provided by the City Council, the following privately run car parks are also available:
- Carrolls Quay: Open Monday through Saturday (07:00 to 00:00); closed on Sundays
- City Hall Eglinton Street: Open Monday through Saturday (07:00 to 22:00); closed on Sunday
- Grand Parade: Open 24 hours a day
- Merchants Quay: Open Monday through Thursday, Saturday (08:00 to 19:00); Friday (08:00 to 21:00); and Sunday (11:00 to 18:30)
- St Finbarres: Open Monday through Saturday (07:15 to 20:30); closed Sunday
- Patricks Quay: Open 24 hours Monday through Saturday; Sunday (08:00 to 20:00)
The Pay and Display parking process works essentially the same as it does elsewhere in Ireland. Drivers can prepay for parking at machines around the parking facility. These will issue a disc that must be displayed under the windscreen. Depending on the length of time purchased, it may be necessary to return to the car park and pay for additional time throughout the day.
There is also a parking system operated by ParkMagic. This is more practical for locals who park in Cork on a regular basis. In any event, drivers can visit the ParkMagic website or call 061 311422 to order a bar code sticker that can be affixed to the car. Payment is made via the website or by calling the number listed above.Â
If you have any questions about car hire in Ireland offered by Irish Car Rentals, please do not hesitate to contact us.